Saturday, September 16, 2006

Funny thing, marriage

Marriage does funny things to people. You finish each other's sentences. Sometimes you even know what the other is going to say without them saying a word. Take what happened at our house last night.

I'm in the tub, enjoying bubbles. I hear dh's footsteps coming down the hall. He opens the door and before he can say a word, I say, "Sure."

He pauses, a little taken aback I think. I'm grinning behind the glass doors. I knew EXACTLY what he was going to ask. So he thinks he'll be smart and says, "What?"

I answer, "It needs to breathe anyway."

He says: "My God, that's scary." Shuts the door. Next thing I hear is the kitchen drawer as he gets out the corkscrew to open my bottle of red.

Managed to squeeze in some work this morning, but I've GOT to shut down and clean the house. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment