Saturday, August 12, 2006

What's Next!

WHat's next up for me?

Well, for right now, it's the sequel to Hired By The Cowboy!

The timing is serendipitous I think. I generally don't work on the weekends unless I have to, so I'm starting chapter one on Monday...which just happens to be my birthday. Added to that, but my kids are back to school mid-week which means next week is also my first week as a full-time writer, with no kids at home during the day. It's like it's new beginnings all around.

In other news, fall must be approaching. I'm doing the nesting thing. It's back to school and growing up that meant baking and freezing and canning. Well, unfortunately now I'm a city gal which means not much to freeze and can as I don't have a garden. And I'm trying desperately not to bake because my jeans are already feeling squeezy. So instead I've started cleaning. I didn't do my spring cleaning this year as I was so crazy with edits and revisions and working. Today it was the last straw. I couldn't put my groceries away without cleaning out my fridge. I couldn't put my baking goods away without cleaning out THAT cupboard. Which just started a snowball effect and I came close to housecleaning my whole kitchen. All I have left to do is clean the window blind and the inside of some of the cupboards. Walls are washed, baseboards were cleaned with a toothbrush. LOL I Murphy's Oiled my table, chairs, and the exterior of my cupboards. It's actually very sad how good it felt.

But I still feel like I should be stockpiling for the winter. :-)

5 comments:

  1. I was singing Christmas songs the other day. And one is playing on my itunes right now. I don't know what's wrong with me!!

    Let's hope the weather gets the memo that fall is on the way :-)

    Good luck with starting the new story!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Full time writer... That sounds so delicious! One day I'll be able to say that, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I love new projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, Donna!

    ReplyDelete