Wednesday, August 02, 2006

What do I do now?

So, I'm bored.

That doesn't sound right, does it. But it's true...anything I had due to hand in is IN. Which means until I get edits from one editor and confirmation on what to write next from the other, I have nothing to do.

WEIRD.

I've organized the "filing" so that I have receipts put with bills and bills ready to pay come Friday morning. I have outgoing mail ready so that when my contracts are ready to go I can do one stop at the post office. I've updated a few things, checked my e-mail, and have started making a grocery list.

Yawn.

Maybe now I'll go check the mail.

Oh, and I have to share a funny story. I had subbed a manuscript in September of 2004 to another house. Last September I called to wish it happy anniversary. Still under consideration. Later in the fall I called again as I had another submission ready to send and didn't know if I should before hearing back on the first. I was then informed that it had been rejected. No letter, no date, but the computer showed it as being rejected. Well, I was just glad to know. So while on holidays I got a letter from this publisher and it was the rejection. EIGHT MONTHS after I was told it was rejected!

I had to pull AAF from this publisher when I sold it to Samhain, which happened in April, so I'll look for that rejection around Christmas. :-) LOL It just goes to show that computer glitches DO happen...people are fallible...and it sometimes pays to follow up on submissions, no matter where they are.

1 comment:

  1. Good life lesson, huh? :-)

    Hope you get "un-bored" but by doing something FUN instead of something dreadful. ;-)

    ReplyDelete