Monday, August 28, 2006

My First Dollars as a Writer!

Usually I don't blog twice in one day, but I'm over the bloody moon at the moment!

Slogging through chapter three, I decided to take a break and check the mail. In it was an envelope from Harlequin. Figured it was just my copy of my contract. Inside WAS my contract, and also my advance paperclipped to the top!

I must photocopy it, as it is the first money I've made as a writer! I called my husband, who smugly said, "It's about time this started to pay off!"

I told my daughters that when I got it, we'd go for chinese, so that's what's on the menu for dinner.

And, I may just walk to the bank this afternoon. LOL :-)

3 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo! How exciting. Photo copy it and frame it - and then immediately deposit it and eat some Chinese. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Did you show it off proudly at the bank, too? (I must admit that British reticence is such that it was my fourth or fifth check before a bank teller asked me if I was getting paid by Harlequin because I wrote for them...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna Congrats on the money!!! Hang that puppy up somewhere where you can see it every time you sit down to write.
    maryj

    ReplyDelete