Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The mundane

Well, I think things have FINALLY settled to a point where there's not a development every other flipping day. Which is good. Since March 20 (my sale date to Samhain) I haven't really been able to focus on a new WIP. It's been a slapdash approach, and the ms I WAS working on has been tabled since it was a Modern Extra. That's what happens when you sell three manuscripts in 4 months while working and then vacationing and all the other. Yesterday I sent edits back to my Samhain publisher, and my line edits are done for HBTC, so all I have now is a partial to finish, then first round of edits for my January Samhain release, and then once I hear back from my editor about the partial at Harlequin, I'll proceed from there. It feels really good to have things narrowed down so I can focus more.

Now as far as my house, we have some new windows which look fab and makes me wish we could have afforded to do the whole house. Hopefully next year we'll do the other half. I've also started my spring cleaning, yeah I know, it's not spring anymore. LOL Yesterday I washed all the walls and furniture in my eldest's room. I still have to wash her bedding and hang it out, and clean her closet but those are not big jobs. A few drawers and the kitchen will be done too. I figure if I can get a little done each day, then eventually it'll all get there.

Now that I've bored you to tears, I'll go have some breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. "That's what happens when you sell three manuscripts in 4 months while working and then vacationing and all the other.".

    Well if ya gotta be swamped that's a great reason! :-)

    "I still have to wash her bedding and hang it out, and clean her closet but those are not big jobs."

    You'd be glad you weren't my mother cleaning out my closet when I was a kid. LOL You'd be in there ten years later just beginning to make headway. hehehehe

    ReplyDelete