Monday, August 14, 2006

Monday, Monday

Wooo hooo!

I know I've blogged about this before, but I love Mondays. Maybe if I hated my job I'd hate Mondays too. But Monday means that I get to go back to my regular routine and I get to work. I love what I do - even when it gets hard - so I love Monday.

I'm all set to start my new ms, currently titled Marriage at Circle M. My plan is to aim for 1000 - 1500 words a day while writing. I'm going to have each chapter critiqued as I go though so that count won't be as high on the days I get my critiques back, and that's ok. It's the method that's worked best for me in the past and I think things will definitely work better if I get back to it.

I also have a second project started, but with no plans for it taking off just yet. If I can have the partial done by the time I have the whole ms of Marriage at Circle M sent, I'll be happy. It'll be one of those things that I'll work on if time permits OR if I get really stuck and need to jump start.

I heard from my Samhain editor and I will have my edits tomorrow. I'm hoping they're not too extensive. It makes me happy though because it'll be one more thing I can check off my list of things to do and as most of you know I'm a big list girl.

The other reason why I love THIS particular Monday is that it's my birthday. No, I really don't like getting another year older although I can't complain as I've had a banner year. I'm much happier in my 30's than I ever was in my teens or twenties, so who cares about a number? (remind me of that in a few years as 40 approacheth as well as having teenagers, shudder!) Anyway the dh and kids have cooked the makings of my cake which they will put together at dinner. It's my favourite and they've started making it every year. A white layer cake, with vanilla pudding and strawberries between the layers, more pudding and berries on top and then whipped cream - garnished with more berries. It is light and delicious.

And since I'm in a goodwill-sharing type of mood, I'm going to celebrate by sharing a pic or two...it's been too long since I did! I'm sure if he knew it was my birthday he'd offer congratulations of his own, but for now I'll just put up the pics. :-)





6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Donna!!!!! Hope you have a FABULOUS day! You deserve it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Donna! I see you celebrated with some yummy-ness. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Donna!!

    Those pics are yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, honey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopped over here from Julie Cohen's blog. I've got your blog bookmarked now too. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday, Donna!

    ReplyDelete