Monday, August 28, 2006

The Craziness of the Weekend

I didn't write a word all weekend. NOT ONE.

I was too busy. Friday the husband and I played tennis, then got groceries, then volunteered at the kids' school. And Saturday...Saturday we went crazy.

I got up, stripped beds and started laundry. I cleaned out my eldest's closet, and started clearing everything out of my youngest's room, putting it, LOL, in eldest's closet. We went to Rona and bought paint, brushes, curtain rods and various other items, got home at 11, and went to work crack filling and painting her room. I also primed and put 2 coats of paint on the window trim in the other 2 bedrooms...since we had new windows put in last week and the new trim was raw wood. I washed comforters, etc. We put the first coat of paint on her room. I made supper and cleaned up the kitchen and tidied as best I could because the mess was driving me INSANE.

Then, I sorted laundry and washed 2 loads.

Yesterday morning I hung out the 2 loads and washed one more and hung it out before church. When I got home, we had lunch and put the second coat of paint on the room. I bleached doilies and dishcloths, washed them and hung them out. We moved furniture back into the bedroom, hung window treatments, and I got clothes in off the line. We had supper and I cleaned up. I did some ironing. I washed the walls and furniture in OUR bedroom. And then I decided NOT to finish the ironing and mending because I was just too damned tired.

Sadly, there's still oodles to do. Sigh.

But, since it's Monday, first on the list is finishing chapter 3 of MCM so I can send it to my CP.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:13 PM

    Is this woman Martha Stewart in disguise?

    J

    ReplyDelete