Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Relief

I have sent my Romance partial - the very first rough draft - to my cp's for their thoughts and last night I stayed up and drafted out a synopsis. Writing a synopsis for a book that is in the early stages was pretty interesting. I did however come up with a modern angle that I'm excited about. The relief I felt on finishing chapter three was profound. It took a lot of work to put together nearly 10k since Saturday night. A lot of other things got put to the wayside.

Here's hoping it's not complete drivel. The jury's out.

In other news, I bought a new suitcase last night. I shall never have to worry about the husband using it. It's MINE. It might have something to do with the funky pattern and colours - turquoise with lime green, white and black accents. :-) I also take heart that whenever I use it, I'll be able to see it as MINE when the bag carousel brings it around at the airports.

I'm just proud of myself for buying something that wasn't black, navy or solid brown. LOL

P.S. Adding this as a ps. later...it's not COMPLETE drivel. But close. I can see what my cp is saying. What I thought I may have accomplished, I didn't, but that's ok. I need to refill my well, take my time and get this right. It's the approach I've always used before and it seems elementary, but lately I think I've put so much pressure on myself that I have tried to get a lot done and forgot that sometimes slow and steady is much more effective. Slow and steady. And some time for R&R.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with that new partial! You'll manage. :)

    ReplyDelete