Thursday, July 13, 2006

Ducks in a row

I think I've got my ducks in a row now, with a plan of attack. I got my contract for Almost a Family in the mail yesterday, so that's filed and put away. Both my critiques are back and saved to my flash drive so I can work away at the partial, and once that's done, I have Original Sin to finish. Added into that edits for my September release, and that's all I have planned from now until the end of September. I have to go slow and steady.

But first on the list is a break. There's nothing like people telling you your WRITING sounds tired to make you realize you're running on empty creatively. I'm giving myself PERMISSION to take a few weeks off. I'm hoping some R&R will refill the well more than adequately. I might even pop in here occasionally and post some pics of what I'm up to! Who knows!

For now, I'm going to be entirely self-indulgent and watch an episode of Battlestar Galactica on the PC in my bathrobe while the kids play. :-)

I could possibly get used to this.

4 comments:

  1. Have a great hol hun! Drink in the sunshine, laze about, eat way too much... Ok, hang on, thats my holiday wish list....

    Just have a great break!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the break, Donna. You deserve it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take a few for yourself, Donna, I don't know how you do it. I wish I had half your creative steam. I have the ideas and talent, I just don't have the discipline. Yet. That's something I plan to work on. Starting tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a good break -- although don't be surprised if you get things popping into your head that you just have to write down! :)

    ReplyDelete