Friday, June 23, 2006

Thanks. Cough. And a link.

Wanted to post a quick note to say THANK YOU to all of you who offered your congrats on the request. It's just so lovely to have such a support structure out there!

I made it through the whole school year without picking up a single bug. Until yesterday. I have a cold and feel rotten, very blah and my throat is sore and I keep coughing. It might just be my body's way of saying, "Hah! And you thought you could work, write at night and be Superwoman. I'll show you!"

Superwoman I am not. After these revisions are sent, and school is out, I'm spending a day or two with good books, dvd's, and my fuzzy teddy bear blanket. I feel a girlie night with my daughters may be in order. :-)

Just FYI, my bio is up on Samhain's site today. If you want a peek you can see it RIGHT HERE.

7 comments:

  1. Sorry about the cold. They're the worst. Stay home, do nothing and take care of yourself. :)

    Like your bio. Bet you can't wait for you book to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the bio. :-)

    Hope the cold goes away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:55 PM

    Great news about the requested revisions. I'm so pleased for you, Donna.

    Am I right in thinking M&B let you submit your full manuscript by e-mail?

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent news on the revisions, Donna. Which editor for which line?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet - yes, they requested the ms by e-mail, which I know is rare. That's why I was so excited about the request in the first place. Then to have revisions in less than a week....I'm just....WOW.

    Fiona, It's for the new Romance line, and the editor is Maddie Rowe. She's the one that gave me my last very nice, detailed rejection so I was thrilled that she got the new MS.

    Now here's hoping she likes the revisions. They're actually ahead of schedule, which is a huge relief. I was scared, but once you get in the middle of them you just work your way out. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:50 PM

    You mean you've got the revisions done, already? That's amazing!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet - not quite done. I've worked through them though and am now at the point where I can go through the whole ms, start to finish, making sure everything reads the way I intended and also that I catch those things that I have to look out for through the entire ms.

    I'm hoping to finish tomorrow night. But I did have to work on them all weekend to get to this point. :-) If nothing else I've learned A LOT. :-)

    ReplyDelete