Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Source of Headaches

I've figured out the source of my headaches. Fatigue, plain and simple.

Monday I had a horrible headache. I knew I was tired - I'd worked AND played hard on the weekend, and was back to work - but thought that perhaps it was a weather change or a late spring cold to blame.

Monday night I slept like a log. Pause. What does a log sleep like? And I never understood the "sleep like a baby" thing. Babies don't sleep soundly for hour and hours!!! They sleep for three hours and then wake up screaming to be fed, or have to burp, or whatever....dumb sayings.... Ahem. Sorry about that. Anyway I slept great, but by last night the headache was sneaking back, subtly. Looking at what I accomplished yesterday, yeah, it makes sense.

Today the big head's back. And the common denominator is that I'm tired. At midnight last night I was awakened most rudely by Mother Nature who thought it would be a good idea to produce copious amounts of lightning, thunder, rain and hail. It sounded like someone was running back and forth over the roof. Not only that but it lasted over 4 HOURS! So seriouly tired here today.

The good news is, at least I'm seeing results from my hard work. I'm averaging 2 k a night on the WIP and I AM working which means I'll get a nice paycheck next Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. (((Donna))) Oh hun, I hope the fatique, headache and sleep deprivation goes away and you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you're not well. But at least you've got a handle on the cause!

    And THANK YOU for saying that about the whole "sleep like a baby" thing. Because I've never been around a baby that didn't threaten to wake up screaming at the drop of a needle! :-)

    ReplyDelete