Monday, June 05, 2006

Guest Blogging again

I'm guest blogging on Rene Lyon's blog again today. I posted a bit about renewed inspiration and heroes. I'm still working on the WIP for ModX, but am planning a lot in my mind about my next project. I now have a hero "template" if you will. And the heroine was set up in the second book that Samhain bought, Almost a Family. So I have a good headstart on my characterization. If you want to hear how this happened, you can pop by her blog HERE.

I have 20 writing days to meet my self-imposed deadline of finishing this ModX, and I have approx. 30k left to write. That's on average 1500 words a day - and my writing time is sitting at about 2 hours a day.

I'm gonna have to motor. BIG TIME.

It's been so long since I wrote on it I'm not sure I remember how that word counter thingy works. LOL But keep your eye on it. It's about to get moving!

Tomorrow's blog: OH, HOW FAR WE'VE COME!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:55 p.m.

    Donna, what's hero template? Do you have a specific list of questions you 'ask' your hero. Any chance you'll share the template on your blog? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun getting back to the Mod X. I need to get back to mine too - dropped it to work on a Blaze for the contest, didn't place but hey, finished the Blaze! I'm all over the place right now...

    Did you ever get your ModX book order???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I haven't received my order yet. They apparently re-shipped it about a week ago so hopefully it'll come soon.

    Anonymous- who are YOU???? LOL

    I just like to know who I'm answering, that's all.

    I used the term template kinda loosely. Basically I know what he looks like, what he does/did for a living (ex military), and what his relationship to the heroine is. I have a picture of him in my mind, something solid to reference.

    As far as questions I ask, I've tried all kinds of character sheets, but I think my favorite is from Kate Walker's 12 Point Guide to Writing Romance. Answers to those questions may never make it into your book, but when you're done, you have a real sense of who your characters are and how they react to just about any situation.

    I'll post a pic of the new hero tomorrow or later today, so check back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:48 p.m.

    Hi Donna, I'm 'anonymous. I'm so used to e-Harlequin message boards displaying my name when I post, that I keep forgetting I have to add it on people's blogs.

    I must get Kate Walker's guide. I have the workshop version that she's done on-line a few times but haven't got the book.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Hi Janet!

    Julie Cohen blogged about Kate today too, and she uses the same characterisation "interview" from Kate's book. It really is worth buying!

    D

    ReplyDelete