Friday, June 09, 2006

A great night

I had a great writing night last night. I put on my mp3 player, sat at the laptop for 2 hours and hammered out close to 2500 words!

I haven't written with music for a while, so that may have helped get me in the "zone". I don't think it hurt that I was working on a sex scene either. Things tend to move pretty quickly there.

If I can manage around 1500 tonight, that'll give me over 6k this week. Which is a pretty decent pace! Especially since I've critiqued 9 chapters this week as well.

The downside to writing so well at night is that then I sleep like crap. I think I engage my brain and then I can seem to shift it down into neutral (or park). LOL I don't feel too bad this morning though so I won't complain.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the word count. Music can help me too. Glad to hear you're making such good progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2500 words in two hours kicks some serious butt, Donna!! Congrats!

    My highest word count in one sitting stands at 2,507. That was during last year's NaNoWriMo. I don't know what length of time that took (I didn't write that down), but I remember being shocked at the total. :) My normal output is only around 1K in about an hour to an hour-and-a-half, if I'm lucky. *g*

    I envy you being able to write to music. I've tried a couple of times, but I end up paying too much attention to the lyrics and it gets distracting.

    ReplyDelete