Tuesday, June 27, 2006

For Better or Worse....

I've e-mailed my revisions.

Right after I hit the "send" button, I panicked. I physically felt nauseous. Did I do things right? Did I make the changes she suggested in the right way? Did I do enough?

I went to bed. I flipped and flopped, trying desperately not to cough. Someone was either hammering or had a very sick bike revving in the back alley. I felt the stirrings of a panic attack. I got up and tried the couch. Nothing. I critiqued 3 chapters for my CP. I checked messages.

Please God, don't let this go on indefinitely.

At some point I'll give in and sleep. Just probably not tonight.

Remind me to blog at some other time when I'm not stressed or panicking, about how I actually ENJOYED doing these revisions. How it was exciting to see my book grow with the changes I made. Yeah, that's it. Funny how it doesn't seem like much fun RIGHT NOW. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Massive hugs.

    I am sure you did fine and the editor will be pleased you did the revisons so quickly.

    The fact that you could see the mss growing andbecoming better speaks volumes.

    Remeber it does have to go through several more editors now. You have to go through a lot of hoops BUT they want to make sure your first mss is super strong!

    ReplyDelete