Thursday, June 22, 2006

Another Step Closer!!!!!

I got the BEST news today!

I e-mailed my ms to the requesting editor at M&B on Friday night.

I was expecting to hear sometime around SEPTEMBER.

In my inbox today sits a request for revisions!!!!!!! Five pages of them.

I am bouncing off the walls like Flubber. It's my first revision request!!! Everything today has exclamation points! Right now I'm choosing to ignore the flaws that will cause a full-on panic and am instead revelling in the wonderful things said about my story and writing. I can't handle reality just yet...I need to let the letter sit, percolate; I need to wind down, think about what she's asking and decide how I'm going to tackle it. Because people, I've gotta do this RIGHT.

I guess the word count on the WIP is going to sit still AGAIN....oh well...when stuff happens, it REALLY seems to happen!

I'm popping some cyber champagne to share with you all...this whole journey has sure gotten interesting the last few months...and I'm glad you've been here with me! It's ever so much better than talking to myself....

Smooches,

D

16 comments:

  1. Donna, I posted in the M&P but I wanted to run over here and tell you again how thrilled I am for you - so hoping this will be the one for you. If anyone deserves it it's you. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Donna. That's fast and those are extensive revisions! What an excellent response.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOO HOO!!! Congratulations, Donna! Now get to work on those revisions and get them back out to her! Ok, you can have some champagne first ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've saaid it on messenger but I'll say it again...

    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I'm so proud of all the hard work you've put in. It just goes to show that keeping knocking that door is sooooo worth it!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray, Donna!! That is wonderful wonderful news!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nail those revisions, Donna!
    This is really great news :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna!!! Congratulations! I stopped by because you mentioned getting a "response" on the ModX thread!

    Way to go!! So inspiring. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic news.

    You can do this!

    And you know I am very proud of you and the way you have brought this story on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go get 'em Donna! Such a quick turnaround means the eds are hungry. Ooohh, I have such a good feeling about this...

    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Donna

    And many many good luck wishes with the revisions. Your request comes from a lovely and intuitive editor - so study them carefully and make sure you understand them - and go for it!
    My fingers are crossed - tightly

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. Donna - you've worked so hard for this and it's wonderful news. All the best with your revisions.

    ReplyDelete
  13. sue child5:30 AM

    Congratulations, Donna!

    I'm so excited for you; I posted in the M&P and have had to dash over here as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Donna, I have everything crossed. Even my eyleashes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How did I miss this post? Congrats Donna! So awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. YEah, you're excited now. Wait till you start DOING the revisions ;) I even do revisions in my SLEEP these days!

    Seriously, wonderful, wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete