Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Time Management Part 2, or otherwise known as WHAT WAS I THINKING???

Before I launch into my post, I must give a wave to my husband. He visited my blog yesterday. Which I will admit gave me several moments of unease. However he e-mailed me after, got in a few digs, and a few very nice compliments. So *waves* hi hon! Come on out and see the nice ladies! And thanks for visiting.

How funny that yesterday I posted about time management and before that about 8 weeks until freedom. I've been all about freeing up time to write more. Prioritizing and finishing things. Now what have I done? The principal approached me yesterday about working more hours.

First of all, no matter how old you are, when you walk in the office and the secretary says the principal wants to see you, you think you're in hot water. ;-)

Anyway the position is going to be a fun one. It's an extra 2 3/4 hours in the morning, working in Kindergarten! I love the teacher (she was my eldest's Kindergarten teacher) and I'll be in the classroom next to my youngest. Once I'm done I'll do my lunchroom thing. The money isn't bad either, for a School Assistant. So I took it.

Problem is, mornings, more specifically from nine until 11 o'my god I'm going to be late for work is my writing time. So for the next 7 weeks my writing time will remain at night. It's hard to say no though. Money talks. And this fits in with the two year plan to move.

At least I lobbied for a Monday start date because she would have had me starting today if I'd let her. I'm glad because I can have this week to get my ducks in a row.

Oh and the husband said nix the spring cleaning. If we're going to reno the youngest's bedroom, and consider putting in a few new windows, there's not much point of cleaning until AFTER the dust settles. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment