Thursday, May 18, 2006

Lists

I will freely admit I am a list junkie.

When I want something done, I make a list. I have a horrible need for order, so when I have a list I can focus and get so much more accomplished.

In the new Kindergarten job, I'm working for a teacher that is much the same way (and maybe even more anal than I am). It is comforting in the way that I am not amidst chaos at work. BUT, it's a little daunting because I can relate and I don't want to screw up her system! She has a precise spot for everything!

I have a lot on my plate writing-wise. And with the extra working hours I'm finding it hard to focus. So last night I made a list. Everything on that list I want to have done By July 1. That's pushing it (since I don't finish work until June 27 I think) but it *may* be done. I have a set of edits for Almost a Family to do and send. I have a webpage to finish designing and get online. I also have to finish editing TBB. At some point I'll hear from M&B. If it's a request I'll have it ready to send. If it's the big R I'll have it ready to send elsewhere. I could leave this until the time comes but I hate having something so close to finished yet unfinished. I want to check it off my list.

I have Original Sin to finish, half a book. And I found out yesterday that my amazon order shipped - with my books for researching the next WIP.

Next week I have my last school council meeting, and also my last choir practice. Thankfully, SOME things are winding down.

With a list I can remind myself - one thing at a time. All I need to focus on is one task, cross it off when it's finished, and move on to the next one.

Right now I'm off to e-mail my edits. :-)

3 comments:

  1. I love lists, but I'm bad about skipping an item and going on to the next if I like it better ;-). Good luck and hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:02 PM

    Post on K's status, I'm not at home till Monday night.

    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I'm a lister too. Sure sounds like you've got a lot on yours...good luck!

    ReplyDelete