Friday, April 28, 2006

Eight Weeks to Freedom

No, that's not the title of a new manuscript. Although it could be!

No, that's how much time is left for me to get rid of a bunch of commitments.

In two weeks, our big school fundraiser will be done. Two weeks after that I'm done School Council. Forever. Or at least for a few years. One year has been enough, thank you very much.

Five weeks from now is my last Choir practice at church. June 11th is the end of Sunday School for the year and therefore also the end of Junior Choir. I'm the pianist. But I'm not doing that next year either. Alternate plans are in the works for keeping the girls singing and musical. :-)

June 27th is the end of the school year, and the end of my job. Since my position is only there if there's funding and/or lunch supervision enrollment numbers, I won't have a job come August when school goes back, either.

You get what all this means, right? I have the summer to work, and play with my kids (and want to smack their heads together on occasion). When school goes back in the middle of August, I have the whole day, whole day! to work. No school run in the middle of the day. No working elsewhere. Fewer external commitments.

It is seducing me, big time. Just the thought of it is bliss. And it's all only 8 weeks away.

Only eight weeks....

I'm coming back and editing in a P.S.

I e-mailed a friend yesterday with my news. This is a woman who, when we get together, does nothing but make me laugh. I LOVE her. Her husband works with mine and we just have a blast.

So this morning the phone rings and I see it's her number. What did I do?

I answered the phone "Donna Alward, famous author!"

I think she might just have peed her pants. I love being silly!

5 comments:

  1. You need one of those countdown things that countdown the months, weeks, days, hours, minutes and seconds - they're all over the web. Then you can watch the days slip by until you're finally at:

    FREEDOM!

    I'm goofy today. Forgive me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:36 PM

    >I answered the phone "Donna Alward, famous author!"

    LOL! Dear famous author, Are you Snoopy's cousin? :) Except, you're from the better looking, published side of the family, right? :)

    Keep up the great work,
    Gail from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay on your news yesterday!!

    I think you should set your voice mail to "Donna Alward, famous author..." Just for the thrill of calling yourself and hearing it over and over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just on a ROLL, huh? hehehe

    Congrats on the promise of freedom and BIG CONGRATS on the requests and everything. :-) I'm sooooo excited and happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Sounds like you're enjoying life. :)

    ReplyDelete