Sunday, March 12, 2006

Tying up loose ends

Last week I spent a good deal of time tying up loose ends. I did a fair bit of critiquing; I did the taxes for both the hubby and myself. I volunteered a day at school, I had parent/teacher conferences. I worked, I finished knitting my poncho, made phone calls, saw the dentist...you get the idea.

The main purpose of last week was that I had a vehicle all week since dh was out of town. But the benefit was two-fold. The only writing I got done was polishing and then mailing my next partial, but this week all those pesky, time consuming jobs are done and now I can absolutely focus on starting this book.

I feel a tad bit guilty about the break, but I know that once I get started I'll be more productive. Time away motivates me, my creativity builds up and I know I'll be off to a good, hard-working start.

I am unsure of myself with this ms since I need to make sure I start it in the right spot and also I need to make sure I have everything "together". Motivations, characters, what I want to achieve - all has to be unified when I start this baby. Add to that it's for a different line than I've been targetting, and I'm feeling a wee bit of performance angst.

The best way to combat that is just to jump in with both feet and do it. I'll either succeed or I won't, but I know for sure that if nothing else I'm going to learn a lot from this book.

2 comments:

  1. It's all about the learning curve babes, isn't it always about curves of one sort or another in this life???

    Now go get the heat turned up and have some *fun* ;) I can't wait....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I know you'll do fine. :)

    ReplyDelete