Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Feelin' the Love - and Getting Back to Work!

I'm still feeling the love - thanks to EVERYONE who stopped by here and on my other writer loops to offer their congratulations! I've been overwhelmed! It is amazing to read all the wonderful supportive things people have said...I'm really touched!

My Mommy sent me flowers yesterday...I wanted to post a picture but my camera dock is dodgy and I need dh to download my pictures. And the family went out to a fabulous dinner last night. I also received a few e-mails from a friend's FAMILY in England...which was unexpected and so very nice!

But better than dinner is what my husband said when we woke up this morning...."I can't believe you're going to be published!"

He has also said he wants me to use my OWN name - because if it were him and he'd accomplished it he'd want his name on it! What a babe he is.

However I am having a moment of irrational panic. My editor hasn't e-mailed me back and I can't help this feeling that somehow it's all a cosmic joke and someone's going to turn the corner and say "Gotcha!"

After all this time I know that there's one sure way to take my mind off of it. And that's getting back to work - so it's back to upping the word count meter today. The only way to sell more books is to write more books. So off I go!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:59 p.m.

    Donna--I am so proud of you. You have always been an inspiration to me. You so organized and determined and I knew you were going to be published soon. Congratulations!!!
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathe, just breathe... It's real and it's not going away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, don't panic

    Samhain's email was down yesterday. It's fixed now. You could always post it again :-)

    ReplyDelete