Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Donna Alward it is!

So, I've made my decision.

I'm keeping my name.

It was hard for me to decide. But in the end the temptation to see my own name on my book - to OWN it, won. So I did not fill out the pen name line on my new author information sheet.

I think my husband was secretly pleased.

I also got more flowers yesterday, from our friends John and Joyce. It was unexpected and very sweet of them and brightened my already bright day.

AND - my contracts are signed and ready for the post office. Go me!

In celebration, and because Kris got me thinking of this....

DROOOOOL.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats Donna, from your fellow Calgarian!!!!!

    Here's to many more sales!!!

    Janet G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you have a hard time deciding? I go back and forth (I'm not even pub'd yet but a girl can dream!) about using my real name. I don't know...guess I'll face it when I sell a book (that's called positive thinking - I need it right now!).

    Congrats again on your sale and I hope you don't mind but I added your blog as a link on my blog page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crap on a cracker, Donna... You know I'm not a Bamberite, but that photo even gives ME heart palpitations... 'specially that not-so-little bulge under the towel... :D lordy, lordy, lordy...

    I think I need a cold shower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Donna


    Fiona Lowe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna,

    Saw your news on the ModX board and wanted to stop by and congratulate you on your sale!

    And thanks for posting the eye candy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go...another mountain conquered.

    ReplyDelete