Monday, February 27, 2006

How Time Flies!

Even I was surprised that I hadn't updated this since Wednesday night!

I had a nice weekend. Very low stress. Which is a very good thing. Saturday morning we took the kids sliding...which was a hoot. The hill is very steep, and it was snowing lightly and about -12 C. I was amazed that my 7 yr old, normally very timid, had the best time sliding down ALONE. Even I was scared to go alone. We did lots of screaming and had a few tumbles...I was sure my legs were going to give out going up so much...and then we went to Tim Horton's for Hot Chocolate. YUM.

In the afternoon I indulged in some retail therapy. Only spent $10 on myself but got the husband's birthday looked after and also my eldest's birthday which is 2 weeks from today. All in all the weekend was relaxing, which was good because I have a long to-do list this week....I need a haircut. I have critiquing to do. I just finished editing 2 sets of bylaws (yawn). I have extra kids on Thursday and party preparations on Friday, banking, and oh yes, let's not forget my part time job! AND, I want to get a start on the new MS. I'm still in the character development stage. :-)

The situation from the post below has NOT resolved itself, nor will it I expect. My main objective at this point is just carry on with what I said I would do. Put my personal feelings aside and hope everyone else can do the same so that we can get done what needs to be done. No trumpets are sounding when I enter these days, that's for sure, and I will admit to not particularly liking the chilly reception I am getting from some quarters. It is something I will have to just suck up...put on my big girl panties and deal with it.

In all honesty I'm sick of it....and am starting to resent all the energy it's taking- energy I'm much rather be putting towards my HEA's and publishing goals.

1 comment:

  1. See, this is kinda why I was wondering where you were at. You weren't in our mutual haunts on eHar, no Blog comments or posts...
    Can you see how that could be construed as something not-so-good? :D

    Glad you had a great weekend, though!

    ReplyDelete