Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Why am I procrastinating with Chapter Nine?



I don't know. Perhaps because it's that I haven't written on this ms since October. Maybe I just have to really get going again, get a rhythm, fall in love. Although I am still quite silly over my hero. I lurve him. So why oh why am I procrastinating?

Part of me wants to skip over the next few chapters so I can get to the really exciting part....we have a huge emotional moment coming and even, yes, you're hearing it here first...a tornado. Had THAT little brainstorm 2 nights ago. But I have to set it all up first, with TENSION ON EVERY PAGE. Say it together people, TENSION ON EVERY PAGE. So, I have hard work to do first.

Partly I am procrastinating because I am the QUEEN of sagging middles, and this is about 2/3 of the way through the book. If I can get through the next 2 chapters I'm in the home stretch.

Or, here's a revolutionary idea. I could just stop making excuses and write the damn thing.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, yes! The Maas says tension on every page! If only it were that easy
    luv
    Flutter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christ, that was hard!
    phew!

    ReplyDelete