Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Yesterday's post and a good cause

Yesterday I meant to post about my weekend, but the Avalon news took precedence. On Saturday my girls and I took part in a benefit for a local hospice. It was a good time, even dh came and taped our performances which made me quite nervous. I had a lot to do in this one. My daughters sang together and I accompanied them, and they were just super. Not a missed note. My eldest (7) sang with another girl (14) and I didn't butcher the accompaniment too much. I had a flute solo that went ok, played for another song that a bunch of us did together as a comedy number, and then had a vocal solo of my own which went ok for me but apparently the mic level was a bit low. All in all though my nervousness of last week, that resulted in hours of practice, paid off and things went fairly smoothly. We raised a good amount of money for the cause, which was the whole reason for being there.

Seriously though, I'm not one of those moms that thinks their kids are perfect because they are not, but on Saturday I was nearly bursting my buttons with pride. I realized my children have poise. Not sure where they got it from, but they have it none the less. My youngest (5) said to her sister, "Just ignore your stage fright. I have stage fright and I'm not thinking about it." I couldn't help but smile.

2 comments:

  1. That comment is soooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls sound adorable, Donna.

    And yeah, you figgered it out good. :) I suppose I could have made it easier for you, but that wouldn't have been any fun (for me) now would it??

    I'd better have a chat with my parents about any theoretical siblings I may or may not have had... LOL!

    So are you gonna enter my contest, or what??

    K. ;)

    ReplyDelete