Friday, October 14, 2005

Loss of Momentum

I couldn't expect it to last forever. That frantic, euphoric feeling of words rushing out from my fingertips into my word file. I went crazy this week. Lots and lots of writing.

Then....a stall.

I let it all come out and now have to go back and re-align things, for lack of a better term. Fix the focus. Cut for pace. Tension on every page. I could go on about all the other things that need to be fixed, but I won't. I blame Feckless for this. Her silly crows of doubt are visiting me now. I am the Queen of Sagging Middles. It is just....blah. And I need to fix it before I go on. I am one of those who must know where she's been before she can know where she's going. I could dash out a rough draft, but the thought of going back and having to fix the major things just makes me ill. So I fix the majors now, and worry about the minors when I get to the editing stage.

None of this will happen until Monday though. I'm headachy and tired and must get up some enthusiasm for our 10th anniversary today. I am supposed to be cooking a special dinner, etc., sharing some wine later with the object of my devotion, and right now I'm in yoga pants trying to keep my eyes open. This is a milestone anniversary and deserves a celebration! At least I have surprise gift waiting in the wings!

3 comments:

  1. You'll regain your momentum. Just keep your focus and you'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thought of all the work you've done going for naught is a tough pill to swallow but it's also the pill that will make everything all better in the long run...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listen, I TRIED to keep the crows to myself, but if they left me to feast on you, I'm sorry. I'll try to stink more of carrion next time.

    ReplyDelete