Thursday, September 01, 2005

Vacation Schmacation

I have to laugh at myself.

"Oh," I said, "I'm going to take this week and next off to get caught up on things around the house and just take a needed break from writing."

It lasted two days.

Ok, so I'm not totally to blame. It's not my fault that Mark Harmon has such stunning baby blues. I mean gosh, the guy gets better looking as he gets older. In his role on NCIS he's seriously alpha-licious. Inspiring, really.

Then of course I'm minding my own business and Trish Wylie shows up online. Now I think I'll just sign in and say HI and what happens but we chat for over an hour and my mind is going crazy. We're chatting about the biz and then about books and characters and suddenly things are playing out in my head....yep, less than 48 hours later, vacation is over and I have a blurb saved in a word file. Shame on you Trish! lol

So today I'm back in the saddle so to speak. And for the first time, I'm considering working on multiple projects. Basically getting proposals ready to have my bases covered if/when I hear back on submissions already in the works. The previous Tender reject being re-tooled for Avalon - that's first. I'll get that partial tuned up. Then probably the new story since it's driving me insane in my head (and, more excuse to google pictures of Mr. Harmon, heck, I might even have to make a trip to the video store in the name of research!). And then, I've been pondering a linked story to the full I just subbed. Standalone but with characters mentioned in the ms. So I can get that partial ready. And then we'll see which one gets finished first. :-)

Does this constitute being a workaholic?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, c'mon, Cook. Muses never let you have a vacation -- you know that!

    Just thought I'd follow your Blog link from eHarlequin... great posts, by the way!

    K.
    (because you're confuzzled, I'll give you a hint: you know my alter ego from eHAR's Spa...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. Mark Harmon is beyond tasty. I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers...

    ReplyDelete