Friday, September 16, 2005

The Good News and the Bad News

The good news is one of my cp's thinks that the new ms I've started is better than the last....and she really likes my characters and how I've handled things so far.

The bad news is one of my cp's thinks that the new ms I've started is better than the last....and the last is sitting in Richmond as we speak.

It is good to know what I'm working on is going well....but darn it, I can't help but feel that the full at M&B is destined for a big R.

Ah well. The important thing to do is make this next one the best yet, the best I can, so that IF The Book That Shall Not Be Named gets rejected, I have another one ready to go.

3 comments:

  1. That's about the only way to look at it! Except to switch to WHEN your current at Richmond sells, this next one will be ready for them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But Donna, each book SHOULD be better than the one before it, yes? So that's a GOOD thing. We learn with each one we write. Don't stress (says the queen of stressors!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with MaryF.
    Besides, if they like the resto of your mss well enough to ask for revisions, they may ask you to change the opening.
    I had to do that with Gladiator's Honour

    ReplyDelete