Thursday, August 04, 2005

Distractions and other procrastination techniques

I am finding writing pretty difficult these days.

I am also very ready for school to start again. I'm not sure if it's boredom on the part of my oldest, but we've had attitude issues and sisterly fights the past few weeks. I've delivered various sermons and imposed several punishments.

The latest comes in the middle of injecting a scene with emotion and conflict. Here I am, trying to get the heroine's feelings across - she's torn, she loves the Hero but knows he is about to hurt her...and enter bickering children.

Deliver ultimatum: stop fighting and play nice or it's off to your rooms and taking the toy in question away. Said in very loud scary voice.

Look back at document at screen and realize I've completely lost my train of thought, not to mention the "feeling" of the moment. Smack forehead with frustration.

Other procrastination techniques: updating blog. LOL

Next up - checking e-mail. I really do better when I work on the laptop, not hooked up to internet. (Chants: discipline, discipline!)

1 comment:

  1. The Internet is the WORST distraction to my own writing. I have to unplug myself to work. :)

    ReplyDelete